The City of Lake Forest, Office of Economic Development has worked with over 200 interns from Lake Forest College in the past eight years. Local businesses also have opportunities to work with LFC interns each semester. Some of the programs offer marketing, graphic design and/or business consultation. For more information, visit www.LakeForest.edu.
Some of our intern projects have included:
1. Social Media Guide for Small Businesses 2.0
2. Inside Lake Forest TV Video program
3. Develop the Open Air Market strategic plan
4. Analyze 10-year sales tax trend and present to the city CFO.
5. Write press releases for special events and programs.
6. Research municipal websites and update the city's website.
7. Develop a marketing plan for the business accelerator.
8. Create an international program for the Business Accelerator.
9. Social Media Guide for Small Businesses 2.0 2015
10. City of Lake Forest holiday marketing plan, 2015
11. Survey of small business social media uses, 2015
12. Creation of virtual shopping mall, 2015
13. Creation of local delivery service, 2015
14. Create and conduct student survey 2016
15. Research and prepare an economic impact report on the impact of a 4-year liberal art college on a community. 2016
For more information on how you can "link" with a Lake Forest College intern, please contact the Office of Economic Development.