What inspires you to play?
Come to the Lake Forest Parks & Recreation Department to explore, experience and discover your fun side! Our office is located in the Recreation Center at 400 Hastings Road.
The Lake Forest Parks & Recreation Department is committed to providing residents of all ages positive experiences through a variety of high quality programs, activities, and services under the direction of professional and dedicated staff who are responsive to the changing needs of the community.
We rolled out an awareness campaign that asks "What Inspires You to Play?" We believe you can find the answer to this question within the 70 pages of our detailed brochure. But in case you need some help getting started, we have listed some options that may inspire you to have the best year ever.
So get inspired to play at our…
- Beautiful Forest Park beach with sailboats, paddle boards, soft sand and enticing waves
- Programs that emphasize creativity, friendship, teamwork and sportsmanship
- New neighborhood playgrounds with twisting slides, towers and swings
- Renovated racquetball, squash, handball, and tennis courts sure to improve your swing
- Family-friendly Deerpath golf course where you can take lessons or play 18 holes
- Community-Events like Stirling Hall Art Center Art Sale, Santa Visits and our Holiday Extrava-Dance-A
- Global conservation classes and events at the unique Wildlife Discovery Center
- Extensive fitness classes, personal training and equipment at our comprehensive Fitness Center
- Innovative arts programs for youth and adults at Stirling Arts Center
- McCormick Nature preserve and 400 acres of parkland that immerse you in nature and Fall color.
So before Fall has come and gone, come out and visit our many parks, facilities and programs, and get inspired to play!
On-line Registration Anytime ..... Anywhere!
Lake Forest residents are able to register for Parks and Recreation Department classes on line at www.LFRec.com. To access an on-line account, you will need to have an email address on file with the department along with an account user ID and PIN number. Call the Parks and Recreation office at 847-234-6700 or email to email@example.com for more information. In order to make on-line registration available to Lake Forest residents we had to change our registration system. Registration is taken on a first come first serve basis. Have questions about online registration? Click on link for up to date information.
Services to Residents with Disabilities
NSSRA is a partnership that provides year-round recreation and leisure opportunities for children, teens, adults and seniors with disabilities. For more information about NSSRA, please call 847-509-9400, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or check their website, www.nssra.org.
For information about NSSRA inclusion services in our programs, contact Jeff Wait at 847-810-3930.