The mission of the Lake Forest Police Department is to provide the highest quality professional police services in partnership with our community. Our members are entrusted to consistently seek and find ways to affirmatively promote, preserve, and deliver a feeling of safety and security while providing service and problem resolution to all persons within the City of Lake Forest.
Vision Statement - "In This We Believe"
These values shall serve as a foundation for all facets and form the basis of all functions of the Lake Forest Police Department.
- The Lake Forest Police Department Believes in the Value of Human Life and Dignity
All persons shall be treated with courtesy and respect. Abuse of police authority is not compatible with the trust vested in us by the community.
- The Lake Forest Police Department Believes Integrity is the Basis for Community Trust
Our members will conduct themselves in the most professional manner possible so as to serve as role models for the community. A higher standard of conduct is expected of those who carry out the goals of the criminal justice system.
- The Lake Forest Police Department Believes in the Principles of the Constitution
We respect the basic rights and freedoms afforded persons by the Bill of Rights of the U.S. Constitution.
- The Lake Forest Police Department Believes in Professional and Personal Excellence
We are committed to high standards of agency and individual performance. We encourage the pursuit of higher education by our members to enhance themselves, the department, and the police profession.
- The Lake Forest Police Department Believes in the Quality of our Work Force
We strive to employ capable, hard working people who are doing important and satisfying work for the citizens of Lake Forest. We carefully screen our personnel to ensure compliance with the highest standards possible, provide the best training available, and guide them with exemplary supervision.
- The Lake Forest Police Department Believes in Maintaining High Standards of Fiscal Responsibility in the Expenditure of Resources Entrusted to Us
We believe that all such resources should be directed to the achievement of departmental goals and objectives in service to the public.
- The Lake Forest Police Department Believes in Cooperation
We believe in community policing to enhance public safety. We will work with the community to address problems that cause crime and disorder.
- The Lake Forest Police Department Believes in Crime Prevention
We believe our basic mission is to prevent crime and deliver vigorous law enforcement services when crime occurs. We welcome community participation to help us deter and successfully investigate crime.
- The Lake Forest Police Department Believes in Fairness and Equality to All Persons
Fair and equal treatment will be afforded to all individuals we come in contact with and our actions will be tempered with compassion.