Skip to Main Content

Fire Permits


For Fire Deparment permit questions/concerns or to submit permits, please contact Jamie Nixon at (847) 810-3867 or Please allow 48 hours to return any voicemails; for faster response, please email. Completed permits can be emailed directly to the contact(s) listed on the direct permit. Permits must be filed with the Deparment at least two weeks prior to your event/burn date.

For burn permits, please refer to the Open Fires Ordinance 94.15 - 94.22. Residential Bonfires/Ceremonial Burns taking place in already approved pits in compliance with the above mentiond ordinance will no longer require a permit. 

Will food be served at your event? If yes, your vendor must apply for a temporary food service permit with the Lake County Health Department . Once the permit has been recevied from your food vendor, please submit a copy along with a life safety permit as listed below. 


Burn Applications: 

Open Burn Permit Application

Fireworks/Pyrotechnics Permit Application

Bonfire/Ceremonial Permit Application

Event Permit Applications:

Tent Permit Application

Life Safety Permit Application

Inflatable/Carnival Permit Application

220 E. Deerpath, Lake Forest, IL 60045
(847) 234-2600
Non-Emergency Police:  (847) 234-2601

close (X)