Skip to Main Content


Police Department Questions

Questions & Answers

How do I obtain a copy of a Police report or Accident report?

Police reports generally are not released to the public. Exceptions include those listed in the Freedom of Information Act or subpoena.

Accident reports are available for a $5.00 fee. The Records Division at the Public Safety Building, 255 W. Deerpath, is open from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday, closed on Sunday and holidays. You may also request an accident report by mail.

back to top ↑

How do I get my fingerprints done?

Effective December 18, 2015, the Lake Forest Police Department will no longer provide fingerprinting services. 

Please feel free to contact Accurate Biometrics at: 773-685-5832 or
for their nearest location.

back to top ↑

220 E. Deerpath, Lake Forest, IL 60045
(847) 234-2600
Non-Emergency Police:  (847) 234-2601

close (X)