Forest Park Beach Sand Replenishment
The City of Lake Forest is replacing sand in the northernmost cell at Forest Park Beach.
The last time the sand was replenished was over a decade ago. Over the last few years, the beach has lost sand due to high water levels and erosion. The project involves trucking in over 240 truckloads of sand to be placed on the northernmost cell of the beach.
Sand replenishment will begin the week of Monday, October 17 and is expected to last two weeks (weather permitting).
During construction, you can expect:
- For safety reasons, the north beach access will be closed to vehicles until 4 pm on days when the contractor is working. North beach access will be open after 4 pm and on the weekends. The south beach access road will remain open.
- Beach will remain accessible to pedestrians from the stairs. Everywhere south of the construction area will remain open.
- Pedestrian access will remain open for most of the beach, except for the construction zone area.
- Increased truck traffic to deliver nearly 240 truckloads of sand. The truck route will travel east of Route 41 along Westleigh Road, Sheridan Road, Deerpath Road to Lake Road to the north beach access road.
- Working hours will be Monday-Friday from 7 am-4 pm.
Our goal is to limit surprises and ensure neighbors are aware of construction activities. For the latest information, please visit this page.
Superintendent of Parks and Forestry Chuck Myers, (847) 810-3565 or firstname.lastname@example.org