MC2 Door to Door Sales Alert
The City of Lake Forest and MC Squared Energy Services, LLC (MC2) have been notified of several recent instances by residents inquiring if MC2 representatives are going door-to-door; trying to determine whether this solicitation is a potential scam.
We want to reiterate and assure you that MC2 does not do any door-to-door sales or telephonic sales outreach efforts.
Any solicitor who comes to your door or calls asking you to switch to a new supplier is not associated with The City of Lake Forest’s Electric Aggregation Program, mc2 or ComEd. MC Squared Energy Services, LLC (mc2 ) is the only vendor endorsed by The City of Lake Forest. These door-to-door solicitors are representing themselves as mc2 personnel, residents should not to provide any confidential information to these people and terminate the conversation immediately.
Here are some simple steps that you can take to avoid becoming a victim of an energy scam:
- Do not give your ComEd bill to anyone at your door.
- Do not tell anyone your ComEd account number at the door or by phone.
- Don’t say “yes” to a marketer calling, even if they ask you if this is your name or any other similar question.
- Call the police if you think someone is trying to scam you.
- Do not be pressured. Just shut the door or hang up!
- Place a “No Solicitors Invited” sign on your door.
Where can I find more information?
Please see Lake Forest and MC Squared Energy Services Frequently Asked Questions document that answers several questions regarding the program, participation, solicitations, and more.